How can the Division of Student Affairs partner with you to support student success and your work as a faculty member at UGA?
Student Affairs seeks to create a more holistic student experience by advancing the integration of the student-centered work of faculty, academic and student affairs staff.
- Teaching: Are you looking for ways to enrich your curriculum or do you have scholarly expertise that you would like to share with the diverse and large audiences that Student Affairs reaches? Learn more how you can enrich your curriculum by integrating Student Affairs events and programs.
- Service: Are you looking for new, interesting ways to serve and deepen your impact at the university? Learn more about service opportunities for faculty.
- Research: Do you have a basic research or applied project that would benefit from data gathered at, for example, University Housing residence halls? Learn more about our Faculty Research Grants Program.
In addition, Student Affairs provides professional development opportunities, has launched a Faculty Fellows Program, and helps you find the resouces you need to support your students.
DID YOU KNOW?
UGA Student Affairs is where over 8,000 students and their families call home: We operate 42 different residence halls and apartment/townhome buildings across campus. We partnered with local charities and diverted 57,600 pounds of unwanted items away from landfills as part of our sustainability initiative in 2015.
- We serve over 22,000 unique patients at the University Health Center each year.
- 200+ student veterans attend UGA and are served by our Student Veterans Resource Center.
- We have 12 students serving as LGBT Ambassadors throughout UGA and the LGBTRC offers Safe Space trainings throughout the academic year.
- Student Activities offered 170 student programs.
- The Disability Resource Center not only serves students' needs at UGA, but offers Academic coaching and technology support as well.
- Our UGACard office produced over 18,700 UGA IDs, 1,500 professional headshots, and 1,200 passport photos this past year.