COVID-19 Student Educational and Response Team (CO-SERT) Overview
Questions and concerns from faculty, staff, and community members related to students and COVID-19 health and safety guidelines may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Georgia’s top priority in reopening our campuses is the safety of our faculty, staff, and students. As UGA has affirmed, each member of our community must take responsibility for their actions and adhere to the guidelines of the GDPH, the CDC, as well as guidelines issued by the USG and UGA to protect themselves and others while helping to contain the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus. Voluntary compliance is critical.
The COVID-19 Student Educational and Response Team (CO-SERT) is a temporary collaborative team at UGA, charged and led by Student Affairs, to provide a central point of contact, review, and response or referral on identified questions and concerns involving students and COVID-19 health and safety guidelines.
Specifically, the CO-SERT team:
1. Reviews reported concerns and questions related to students or student groups and COVID-19 health and safety guidelines
2. As necessary, communicates with involved community members, students, or student groups to gain additional or clarify information
3. Determines whether further response or referral is indicated by the review
4. If indicated, responds to or refers the concerns(s) or question(s). Responses or referrals may include:
a. Follow-up with campus community members
b. Providing current guidelines or clarification to students or student groups
c. Providing additional campus resources or information to students or student groups
d. Referring the concerns(s) or question(s) to an appropriate campus resource or office to assist in informational or educational efforts
e. Referring the concerns(s) or question(s) to an appropriate campus resource or office to consider available enforcement processes under their purview
f. Utilizing a temporary hold to support an educational response or referral
Membership in the CO-SERT team includes:
• William McDonald, Dean of Students (Chair)
• Jan Barham, Associate Dean of Students
• Alison McCullick, Director of Community Relations
• Naomi Norman, Associate Vice President for Instruction
• Scott Patton, Associate Director, University Housing
As circumstances related to COVID-19 indicate, the CO-SERT team will be disbanded. At no point is the CO-SERT intended to alter, supersede, or obviate any existing campus enforcement processes. The Vice President of Student Affairs charges and retains ultimate authority over all actions of the CO-SERT team.